Pets are welcome!
Unlike many apartments, we are pet-friendly! We allow two pets per townhouse. There is a height limit on dogs of 24 inches at the point of shoulder (withers) and weight limit is based on maximum set by breed standard.
To Become a Member
You will purchase a membership from the out-going member and pay the equity value per our equity schedule. Purchases are handled through the office only. To find a member who is selling, you must put a flyer on the doors (not in the mailbox, please) with your contact information, size of townhouse you are looking for, and month you wish to take possession of the townhouse.
Click here to view our equity schedule.
Click here to view our income guidelines.
Tenant Selection Policy:
It is Westerfield North's policy to strictly adhere to The Fair Housing Act, the Civil Rights Act of 1968, as amended by the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988. No applicant shall be discriminated against or denied housing because of race, religion, color, sex, race by association, familial status, national origin, ancestry, or disability.
The following criteria must be met before any potential buyer can be accepted by Westerfield North Townhouses, Inc. This includes any household members over 18 years of age who may be added after a tenant has moved in. All decisions regarding the acceptance of new members will be made by Westerfield North Townhouses management.
- The applicant(s) must carry a HO6 insurance policy before applying.
- The applicant(s) has an acceptable rental or mortgage history.
- The applicant(s) has an acceptable credit rating or history. No co-signers are accepted.
- The number of persons in the household does not exceed the member occupancy limit guidelines established by the Cooperative.
- The applicant's total monthly household income is at least 4 times greater than the monthly carrying charge.
- The applicant's total household income is below HUD's current income ceiling.
- No applicant or household member has been convicted of a felony.
- No applicant or household member has been convicted of a misdemeanor within the last five (5) years.
- No applicant or household member has a history of acts or threats of violence or criminal activity, including drug-related activity, or is a life-time registered sex offender.
- No applicant or household member has a history of or is currently involved in anti-social behavior or illegal use of drugs or whose behavior from abuse of alcohol/drugs or pattern of abuse of alcohol/drugs may interfere with the health, safety, and right to peaceful enjoyment of the property by other residents or create a sense of insecurity or discomfort among current members.
- Admission applications will be rejected for any household containing a member(s) who was/were evicted in the last three years from federally assisted housing for alcohol or drug-related criminal activity, unless the member(s) has/have successfully completed an approved, supervised drug or alcohol rehabilitation program (appropriate documentation of the successful completion of a rehabilitation program is required.) or the circumstances leading to eviction no longer exist.
- Applicants must provide a social security card and documentation for all household members.
Members may sell their own memberships into the cooperative. You may put flyers on the doors with your name, phone number and month you would like to move in.
Rules and Regulations
Click here to see our rules and regulations
Contact Westerfield North
Phone: (913) 764-06619:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. | Mon. - Fri.
822 N. Clinton Street, Olathe, KS, 66061
Read our Cooperative FAQ's yet?
Before requesting an application, all we ask is that you click here to see our monthly rates, equity schedule and other frequently asked questions.
If you have questions, please Email Us for further information.
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday